Global Affairs Canada
The International Assistance Evaluation Division of Global Affairs Canada contracted BTI to facilitate a data collection mission for their evaluation of International Assistance Programming in the Philippines. The evaluation addresses questions related to the relevance, results and sustainability of Canadian programming in the Philippines. Two teams undertook the data collection field mission that focused on project sites in Western and Eastern Visayas, and gathered the following information:
– the relevance of international assistance projects to community needs;
– the extent to which project results and activities have been impacted by subsequent natural disasters
– the types of results that have been achieved through the project, including those related to gender equality
– the sustainability of project results, especially in the context of recurring natural hazards;
– local perceptions of resilience in the context of post-disaster reconstruction.